Hepasist is a non-governmental, patient organization created to support those affected by hepatitis, including diagnosed patients and their friends and relatives. What is more, the organization is effortless in promoting awareness and advocating before governmental institution for effective screening and diagnosis schemes and early access to treatment. We prioritize our efforts in protecting and advocating the rigths and interests of patients,providing easily accessible information on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of hepatitis, as well as charity and awareness promoting initiatives.
Following the tireless efforts by Hepasist and the patients’ community:
- Hepatitis treatment in Bulgaria is now being reimbursed by the National Health Insurance Fund
- Hepatitis patients in Bulgaria do not have to wait for treatment in Chronic Viral Hepatitis Program
- Hepatitis is a priority for the Bulgarian government
- Hepatitis treatment and access are matching the highest international standards
- Hepatitis prevention is among the highest levels of public awareness in the region