Catalan Association of Liver Patients – ASSCAT
The ASSCAT was founded in 2000, its headquarters are located in Barcelona (Catalonia), but we attend patients in Spain over phone or via email. .ASSCAT it is a non profit organization and everybody who works in it is a volunteer.
The main goals of ASSCAT are:
- Attend, inform and help the patients and their close family (in person, self-help groups, telephone 24 hours, e-mail, forum, Website)
- Give visibility to viral hepatitis, which are until now silent and silenced diseases
- Get that the screening and early diagnosis will be a reality
- Prevent new infections and combat stigma and discrimination
- Achieve that the Department of Health distributes information at health centres
Our main activities are:
Production and distribution of information material (Digital and printed magazine, brochures, ), lectures and update for different groups such as pharmacists, social workers, nurses, etc., give information and do screening on the street, Information Days at major hospitals in collaboration with the hepatologists , try to dialogue with health policy makers,etc.
The main service the association offers its members, and also for all patients and their close relatives, who contact with us, is listen, support them with reliable information and try to find suitable alternatives to solve their problems and needs.