Macedonian HEPTA organization commemorates WHD 2013 with awareness and educative activities in Ohrid
HEPTA-Organization of citizens, ”Association for health education, prevention and improved treatment” in collaboration with NGOs Option and Red Cross Ohrid, conducted a series of awareness and educative activities on the occasion of World Hepatitis Day 2013.
1. Educational flyers were distributed to the general public along the beaches in Ohrid. What is more, a mobile laboratory with medical crew was organized to carry out hepatitis screening;
2. Educational flyers were distributed in the village Kuratica, the mobile unit was also present offering free testing for hepatitis;
3. The Guiness World Record attempt with the “Hear no evil, Speak no evil, See no evil” was organized at the Red Cross in Ohrid and was recorded at 19:30h;
4. Following the Record attempt, a public forum was held under the patronage of Prof. Dr. Rosalinda Isjanovska (HEPTA). The forum aimed to raise awareness of hepatitis with special focus on prevention and early diagnosis. Several dozen participants received educational materials and information for where to get tested and vaccinated.
5. In the evening the group moved to Cinar square where a charity concerta was organized to attract the public’s attention. Contemporary Macedonian faces from the music and film industry took part in the celebration and kept the mood high. The mobile medical lab was also present at the square and offered free testing for and information on hepatitis to the public.
Below you can find coverage in state media (in Macedonian):
For more information, please contact:
Manager for Finance and Administration